We are looking for developers who enjoy the megalomanic pleasure that comes with deploying code to a big server cluster. You will work with our platform team building the systems that collect, crunch and serve the data that is the bread and butter of Burt’s products. Experience and knowledge of distributed, fault tolerant, concurrent systems is key. You think that Netflix’ Chaos Monkey is the best idea ever.
This position is full-time and based in our main office in Gothenburg, Sweden(*).
- Reports to the VP of Engineering.
- Design and implement data collection and processing systems
- Work with the applications team to create interfaces between application and platform
- Work with the operations team to provision infrastructure for the platform systems
- Experience building large scale, high-availability distributed systems.
- Knowledge of working with and solving concurrency related issues.
- Excellent programming and problem solving skills.
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases.
- Excellent communicator.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Deep knowledge of multiple programming languages.
- Proficient Ruby developer.
- Experience with MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ.
Working for a startup is fun and fast paced. If you haven’t experienced it before, it’s like no job you’ve ever had. If you’re constantly full of energy you’ll quickly find that this is a wonderful place to let all that energy out.
Is this you? Contact email@example.com, and send us an updated CV, cover letter and references.
(*) A EU citizenship or a EU working permit is required for this position.