Burt is looking to extend it’s Operations team with a Operations/Scalability Engineer.
Just as us, you’re heavily influenced by the DevOps movement. Your primary tools for operations is your ability to code and automate your server setups. You have experience from running large scale, high availability, low latency systems, preferably in a cloud environment. You also have to ability to analyze scalability issues using your own programming skill set, system profilers and/or load testing tools. Once you’ve done that you’ll often dive right in there and improve the code yourself. You’ve got the ability to say “No.” to both customers and our CTO in a way that they’ll both love you instead of secretly hate you.
This position is full-time and based in our main office in Gothenburg, Sweden(*).
- Reports to Head of operations.
- Work on the scalability, resilience, and efficiency of backend components in a cloud environment (currently AWS).
- Interface with other teams to improve system stability, availability and scalability.
- Optimize our infrastructure at both the software and hardware level.
- Focus on scaling horizontally rather than vertically.
- Strong Linux knowledge.
- Experience in delivering business critcial services.
- Experience from debugging runtime problems and improve on system integrations.
- Knowledge of at least one programming language.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with configuration management systems for automated infrastructure such as chef, puppet or cfengine.
- Experience of operating complex systems with high requirements on performance and availability.
- Experience with a cloud-based infrastructure, preferably Amazon EC2.
- Experience with system profiling, load testing, horizontal scaling issues etc.
- Having worked with at least one database (Preferably Redis or MongoDB. Candidates with Oracle, MySQL or Postgres experience also have an advantage).
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking, firewalls, switches, etc.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Nagios.
Working for a startup is fun and fast paced. If you haven’t experienced it before, it’s like no job you’ve ever had. If you’re constantly full of energy you’ll quickly find that this is a wonderful place to let all that energy out.
Read more about our company and what you can expect from working at Burt here.
Is this you? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and send us an updated CV, cover letter and examples of your work (GitHub, StackOverflow, blog, etc).
(*) A EU citizenship or a EU working permit is required for this position.