Yes – We’re hiring! Burt is an aggressively expanding early stage IT startup based in Sweden. We’re trying to disrupt the AdTech industry by creating great tools for the people who have the most impact – those who create the ads. It’s not easy, but it’s fun! Now we need your help. Are you up for it?(extended background)
We’re looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer with a passion for creating great web applications.
The frontends of Burt’s products are developed using Ruby on Rails. We use various other tools and platforms in our process and architecture and knowledge of any of these is a big plus: JRuby, Java, Cucumber, Rake, RSpec, Capistrano, Passenger/Apache, MySQL, Amazon Web Services, Ubuntu.
This position requires working extensively out of our development and operations office located in Gothenburg, Sweden(*).
You may have any or all of this general knowledge and traits:
- A general interest in programming.
- A knowledge of more than one programming language. You’re likely to have taken up a language for no other reason than “it seemed fun”.
- Experience from various programming paradigms, such as procedural, object oriented, functional or declarative.
- A great understanding of design patterns, why they exist, how they’re used and how they can be adapted in different situations – and discussing this with others.
- Having taught a programming or related course.
- Not quiet when people around you discuss programming problems, even if they’re strangers.
- When working with great people hours don’t matter, since spending time with interesting people is what you like best.
- Experience working with TDD, Agile, Scrum, and other development methodologies.
If only some applies to you, don’t let that scare you. We’re basically looking for someone who is awesome, and who enjoys working with other awesome people on challenging problems. We believe in the principle “work hard, play hard”. You should too.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and send us an updated CV, cover letter and examples of your work.
(*) A EU citizenship or a EU working permit is required for this position.